This week provides a challenge to me in its beautifully simple Gospel message… can I create a blog entry to match it?
People often are intrigued to find out what it means to lead a Catholic school and how to capture our ethos. How can we summarise the teaching of Jesus in a meaningful way for young people today?
Put simply I would say all of the New Testament message boils down to two words – LOVE and FORGIVENESS. It’s not going to be about what we say but just how we make people feel.
- How can we learn to love in our lives even when this may be challenging?
- How can we look to offer forgiveness, love and healing in our relationships?
- How can we radiate love in some way, knowing that God is the source of love in our lives?
There are two steps….
- Love one another… – no complex rules or lists or expectations
- … as I have loved you – modelled by the love of Christ and demonstrated in a real, living way in our lives
So put simply… you know what to do… love one another.